Monday 26 April 2010

Open letter to Lodewyk van Graan, Chairperson of the ICT Alliance of Namibia

Dear Lodewyk,

I am glad the ICT Alliance is eventually having its AGM tomorrow and I hope many people attend. But please stop blaming me for all the mishaps at the organisation.

I quote
"We all have concerns regarding the upcoming AGM as we have been left in a lurch by the previous secretary to a certain extent. Much of our documentation and records were lost as a result of what I believe to be malice from our previous secretary after being implicated in unethical behaviour and who was duly terminated. We have, since his departure been building up our records again and will to the best of our ability present an accurate report on the past term of the Alliance. "

You cut me off from the server at IIT before we even had a disciplinary hearing. Quite honestly, it was the best thing you ever did. Even for me, having a hearing find me guilty in a job that has not paid me a salary for a eight months was great!! It gave me a chance to write a book and now I head over 5,000 members of the Namibia Consumer Protection Group on issues such as the Nampower increase.

So please, if you want to put blame somewhere, leave me out of it.

Malice (A desire to harm others or to see others suffer; extreme ill will or spite) is not something you would ever find in me. That is what you did when you called Legalshield and got them to withdraw their job offer the morning I was supposed to start. And even for that I am happy. By not taking the job, I now have 500 hectares in the Otjimbingwe district.

Kind regards, I will always be thankful to you for the opportunity to teach so many Namibians while at your company,

Milton

___
"A noble heart cannot suspect in others the pettiness and malice that it has never felt. "