Proposed Charter of Namibian Consumer Rights
1. The right to basic goods and services which guarantee survival.
2. The right to be protected against the marketing of goods or the provision of services that are hazardous to health and life.
3. The right to be protected against dishonest or misleading advertising or labelling.
4. The right to choose products and services at competitive prices with an assurance of satisfactory quality.
5. The right to express consumer interests in the making and execution of government policy.
6. The right to be compensated for misrepresentation, shoddy goods or unsatisfactory services.
7. The right to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be an informed consumer.
8. The right to live and work in an environment which is neither threatening nor dangerous and which permits a life of dignity and well-being.