Saturday 5 May 2012

What is faith to me?


There is more to my happiness and ability to perceive my life in positive terms. It is a mental attitude that I have spent time and energy on achieveing. (Perhaps I should also add money, even though it was not my money.)

Since a very young age I have been prodded and poked to make sure that I was okay. This was especially noticable to me after my mother passed away when I was five years old. I was fortunate that after she had her accident while playing table-tennis, she still had enough time the next day to talk to be in the ambukance before she was moved to a hospital with better facilities. My mother had always taught me that "God's will be done" and that accepting His way would always lead me where I need to be. That day in the ambulance, she once again reminded me to "heed God's will" and "accept what you are given in life".

Jeremiah 29 vs 11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Through the years I faced many trials and tribulations (most of them self-inflicted) but this bible verse stayed with me throughout my life.

That is faith!

This blog was written on  Tuesday, 7 February 2012 at 09:55 - See http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10151235632190324

Three weeks later, while crossing the road at 13h30 in the afternoon, my knee dislocated and I fell in the road and lost five teeth too. BUT I still have faith - I made new friends in hospital - and had time to spend with family and friends - which I normally do not......